Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Who would have thought??

On Sunday when I woke up I noticed I had a small lump on the back of my head right by my hairline..I didn't think much about it other than it was a little irritating, by Tuesday it was hardly noticeable. Well, today when I woke up the whole left side of my head starting from my hairline to my ear felt very bruised and within an hour another lump showed up! Needless to say, I made my husband come home early from work and drove myself to the Urgent Care, the whole time I was driving I was thinking oh geez...if this is a blood clot or if the doctor tells me I only have 10 days to live...I gotta award myself for having the worst stinkin luck! So anyways, the doctor diagnosed those little lumps as Lymph Nodes...hmmmm...interesting...I don't know anything about them other than he said not to worry and for me to stop looking up possible diagnosis for myself on the Internet and that they should hopefully go away in a few weeks. Thanks goodness!! Just curious though, has anyone else ever had this??

17 comments:

kat said...

That's sounds bad, but I'm sorry cuz I was laughing through the whole post because you are so funny. I miss hanging out with you. I have never had that in my head, but I've had it in my armpits glands. It does go away.

jaesi said...

glad it is nothing big, Im sure your mind was racing of what it could be.

Andrea F. said...

oh well thanks Kat that makes me feel a little bit better...as long as they go away:)

Jess said...

Nope, never had that before. That is pretty scary though. What a relief that is was nothing big!!!

Troy and Segi said...

I would've been freakin out, it's a good thing that it was nothing.

Troy and Segi said...

I would've been freakin out, it's a good thing that it was nothing.

Erin said...

Oh wow! I always look everything up on webmd.com too. Glad everythings okay!

Frei Family said...

Okay that is weird i probably would have over reacted too... i would have told my husabnd it was a brain tumor, probably...!! I hope they go away soon.. i wonder waht causes them??

Emma said...

Yep, I've had that and freaked out too! My doctor said that it's usually the first sign that your body is fighting off some kind of infection or sickness, it effects the lymph nodes first... who knew right? Glad to hear all is well! :)

Becky Seymour said...

never had that, but i am glad you are okay! the blog is tuesdaytellall.blogspot.com if you want to start. i think it is fun

kat said...

Yeah, I think it was me that introduced you to Nerfherder. It's funny that you were thinking about it because I haven't listened to them in years and just this weekend I got one of their songs stuck in my head too.

Unknown said...

Actually we all have lymph nodes, but you usually can't feel them. When you get sick or have a cold, allergies, etc. they can become enlarged. You must must have lymphadenopathy (enlarged lymph nodes). Don't worry-- very common.

Unknown said...

I have an answer to your question-- what's your email address?

Tyler and Kristen Owens said...

ok so I have had these too, I had one right underneath my chin and don't worry I thought it was cancer and went straight in to the doctor. I'm glad you are alright.

Anonymous said...

I've had them in my armpits, too. It was VERY annoying. I'm glad you have more than ten days to live.

Lori Cottam Zavoico said...

I would freak out, and run straight to the doctor.. hope you get better soon!

Whitney and Chris said...

I'm so glad it turned out to be nothing. Lumps and bumps are no fun! And... it's always better to be safe than sorry!